Thank you for visiting us today! This is the Ashley Kimono shirt and dress – Sew along part one
The Ashley Kimono Shirt
The Ashley Kimono Shirt and Dress PDF pattern is a loose fitted Kimono shirt. The PDF pattern has 4 views where different collar combinations and cuff styles.
Ashley Kimono Shirt and dress PDF pattern is available in our here
THE SHIRT AND DRESS PATTERN FEATURES:
Features a loose fit kimono shirt and dress shirt with 4 variations
a) View A: waist length with front tucks and double collar
b) View B: waist length with small front pocket and set in cuffs
c) View C: knee length with front tucks and double collar
d) View D: knee length with front pocket and set in cuffs.
Here is the back view of the shirt. It has a tear drop back yoke that I love very much.
This is the FABRIC REQUIREMENT:
60’’ FABRIC FOLDED
- VIEW A: 2 1/4
- 2. VIEW B: 2 1/4
- 3. VIEW C: 3 1/4
- 4. VIEW D: 3 1/4
Light to medium weight woven fabric such as: challis, chambray, poplin, gingham, gauze, lawn, linen, shirting, denim (for dresses potions)
Ashley Kimono shirt and dress – Sew along part one
1. THE COLLAR:
Add the woven interfacing to the collar, under collar and stand.
2. Bring the collar and the undercollar to the table.
3. Place them together, right sides facing and sew around the sides and longest side lengthwise.
4. Trim the seam allowance as shown on the picture below.
5. Turn to the right side and make sure the corners are completely turned as well.
6. Hand press the seams first and then use your iron to make it look well finished
7. Place the collar stand between the collar piece as shown on the picture below
8. Now, stitch around the sides and the longest side of the collar. Remember that the collar is been attached to the collar stand as well.
9. Clip the collar stand and turn to the right side.
10. Press flat and set aside.
Bring the pocket piece to the table.
12. Fold the sides of the pocket 3/8 inch (on the image below, I folded 5/8 inch because of the use of the selvage)
13. Now, fold the bottom of the pocket and press again.
14. Now, turn to the right side and edge stitch around the pocket 3/8 inch.
15. For the top of the pocket, double fold the fabric, first 3/8 inch and then 5/8 inch.
16. Then, take 2 inches of the pocket and fold it to the inside.
17. Now fold about 1, 1/2 inch to the right side of the fabric and press
18. Pin the pocket to the shirt, using the marks from the pattern.
19. Edge stitch about 1/8 inch and press.
And that is all for today. Remember to come back tomorrow for the second part of Ashley Shirt sew along